New Year's Eve

Sunday, January 3, 2016



I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve. Welcoming the new year in church is one of my favorite traditions. As a child, my family and I traditionally attended church in the Caribbean and because of the memories we have created throughout time, it's a tradition I hold close to my heart. 

Life has changed so much since then, God has called me to serve at a different church, and even though I was not able to celebrate with my family, there is something so special about being in the House of God and welcoming the year worshipping my Creator and thanking Him for the experiences He allowed me to live on the ending year. After the church service, I went home and spent time with my family. My mother, sister, and I stayed up until 3AM eating grilled cheese sandwiches and talking. (Hi, mom! You're such a trooper :). The smallest and simplest things truly matter the most.

On another note, it's so ironic how God always answers our prayers in surprising ways. I say "surprising ways" because sometimes He does not answer in the way we expect Him to, but the outcome is always what we expected or better than anything we could have imagined. 2015 was by far one of the most exciting and challenging years of my life. It forced me to stand firm outside of my comfort zone, to learn the value of meaningful relationships, and to rest in God. I am so grateful for the experiences lived, and for the personal growth that resulted from every challenge.

I am beyond excited for what God has in store for me this year! I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but here is a list of things I hope to improve, accomplish or simply experience.

Spiritual goals:

  • To read the Bible every day
  • To fast more
  • To honor God in all I do 
  • To serve more

Family goals:

  • To go on two family weekend getaways with my entire family
  • To plan more family dinners
  • To picnic more together during the summer time

Intellectual goals:

  • To read a different novel every six weeks
  • To go back to school and finish my masters (4 more classes, YAY!) 

Financial goals:

  • To save more
  • To pay for my graduate school classes cash (goodbye school loans)
  • To give more 
Physical goals:
  • To work out Monday-Thursday
  • To be kinder to myself and to delegate more
  • To be in bed by 10PM
  • To balance, balance, and balance!

There you have it! Nothing like sharing for the sake of accountability, right?

Now it's your turn. What were you up to on New Year's Eve? Did you set any goals? Resolutions? I would love to hear. XO.


//Outfit Details//
Dress: Adrianna Papell (wearing size 2, petite)
Bag: Gifted (NY&CO Eva Mendez Collection)
Lipstick: Ruby Woo MAC
Shoes: Zara



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)

 

Her Sweet Indulgence © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger