El Morro (Puerto Rico)

Thursday, October 1, 2015



 Last month, I had the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico. Everything about the Island made me feel at home. The food was delicious, the beaches were crystal clear, and the people were filled with joy.

My favorite part about our vacation was visiting El Morro (pictured below). El Morro consists of the remains of what used to be a military base. Great battles between the British, The French and Spaniards took place there. People from all over come to admire it's beauty.

There is so much beauty in history. This place is beautiful for what it used to be, for the battles that it survived, and for what it has become over the years. While exploring El Morro, I couldn't help but reflect about my own life, the battles I have fought and the ones I am still fighting. Sometimes, life feels like one big battle after another, and there are days I feel like giving up, but on those days I hold on to the Word of God. The Lord says: resist the enemy and he shall flee (James 4:7).

On those days where I have no strength left in me, I make the choice to just resist the urge of giving up. Someday the battles within me will be over, and I will be able to rejoice in my history, the history of what once used to be and the beauty of what I have become.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)

 

Her Sweet Indulgence © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger