On the things they don't tell you:

Thursday, September 13, 2012


You can love without reservations, but that does not mean it will be reciprocated. I am not referring to "romantic love", but to everyday love acts. 

You scream love when you stop at the door for five extra seconds and hold it for the person behind you, or when you buy your mother the gallon of milk she needed, or when you teach your little sister how to put make up on for the first time and wish you could bottle up that moment in an eternity box so you can relive it again because she is growing up too fast and time is escaping you as she breaks away from the little girl she used to be and becomes woman.

But this post isn't about sisterhood or womanhood. It's about love and how sharing acts of kindness with the world is like throwing up invisible dust in the air, you can feel every particle, but you will never know if they will fall to the ground or let themselves be carried away by the air. 

You will never know if they will fill up an empty heart and give a life new rhythm, not until you free those fragments of love you have been carrying inside your pocket like if they are yours to keep. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful. It's amazing what small acts of kindness can do to bring love into the world.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this is awesome. did you write this? it's definitely something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies, I am happy you enjoyed reading the post!

    @SAS: I usually link the source to the photos or words unless they are my own. So to answer your question, I did write this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of freeing the fragments of love you've been carrying around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. Love can be shared in small ways that end up brightening the world for many.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I don't know how you found me, but just to let you know...you stumbled upon my test site. My real address is astrokeofot.blogspot.com.

    I love this post. I wholeheartedly agree with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)

 

Her Sweet Indulgence © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger